Saturday, July 16, 2016

And the Peace of God, which Passeth All Understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ

Even though sad things happen all the time and I have emotional reactions to these things that does not mean I am lacking peace or the Prince of Peace (Jesus). Sadness in response to certain events is normal. Getting angry about certain things is normal. Yes, even for a Christian. I know this because the Lord Jesus Christ reacted to His environment. He experienced profound sadness and anger at times. At times he was irritated with His followers and rebuked them. He loved and hated and became physically aggressive at one recorded incident. And yet, He was perfect.

I was thinking about this all and the Scripture "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

I didn't have peace before I was saved. I can tell you, I know the difference. Before I was saved I didn't have peace. But I still faced normal times of sadness and anger. I couldn't really get beyond my own self to reach out and help others. And have mercy on others. I was too wrapped up in my own problems. I remember realizing this back when I had a job opportunity to work with people with severe emotional and learning disabilities. I knew I couldn't even really help myself at that point so what could I possibly do for others?

Now, I have that #PeaceThatPassessUnderstanding. But that doesn't make me an unfeeling, unmerciful person. So "peace" and "sadness" can be simultaneous. It has to be.

Christ, the Prince of Peace had sadness. This is proof. he faced sadness and yet had peace. Unsaved people face sadness and don't have true peace underneath it.

"There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked." Isaiah 57:21

And so these people will not be able to effectively help others. Not really. Maybe a little bit. How can you help others when you yourself have no peace? When you're lacking the most important part of being a human. God.

I can say I truly have peace. And it only came through Jesus Christ. I can boldly tell people this truth. And maybe plant seeds of hope within them. And maybe help the soul of someone who feels they are at the end of their rope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Robert Golub, murderer, connected to the Jesuits is up for parole

This monster Robert Golub needs to be put to sleep. He doesn't deserve to live. He was 21 years old and brutally murdered our precious...

Top Recent Posts